Reserve Power Batteries
Quality Batteries for Renewable Energy Storage Applications
RES SLT is a quality range of batteries designed for daily cycling operation offering significant benefits in terms of cost per cycle. Their long life and remarkably high performance suits ideally to the demanding Renewable Energy Storage applications.
The products are developed by SUNLIGHT’s R&D team which constantly designs and evaluates new innovative solutions to better meet market needs based on the latest technological trends, industry developments and market feedback.
SUNLIGHT’s products and services have gained international recognition by ensuring uninterrupted and reliable operations in a wide range of critical applications for a broad spectrum of industries, such as Telecom and Power networks.
Long cycle life
Batteries engineered to sustain their capacity for a high number of cycles offering exceptional efficiency for daily deep cycling applications.
Tubular plate design, exclusive use of high quality raw materials and sophisticated production processes in European manufacturing facilities ensure efficiency, durability and reliability under demanding conditions such as remote locations and the intermittent nature of solar and wind power generation.
Ease of handling
Designed for optimal space utilization, quick installation and easy maintenance.
Fast delivery for catalogue models. On request a wider range of special batteries for customer’s special requirements can be supplied.
24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support through SUNLIGHT Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Low cost per cycle. Lifetime value is maximized especially at hybrid systems where using batteries can greatly reduce the Genset daily run time resulting on fuel savings and less CO2 emission.
Manufactured at SUNLIGHT’s European production facilities, certified with ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
- Number of cycles: 1200 cycles (@60% DoD, 20ºC)
- Maintenance: Low topping up requirements
- Operating temperature: Min: -20ºC / Max: 45ºC Recommended 15ºC to 35ºC
- Self discharge rate: Approx. 2% per month at 20ºC
- Storage Time: Maximum shelf life up to 5 months at 20ºC, 4 months at 30ºC or 2 months at 40ºC
- Recommended Charging Voltage: 2.25 to 2.30 V/cell (stand-by use at 20ºC), 2.35 to 2.45 V/cell (cycle use at 20ºC)
- Positive plates: Tubular plates with optimized anticorrosion characteristics due to the use of special low antimony lead alloy. Tubes filled by injection with active material (mixture of lead oxide and red lead).
- Negative plates: Plates composed of reinforced grids design pasted with optimized lead alloy.
- Separators: High-porosity separators with minimal internal resistance.Secured insulation between positive and negative plates.
- Electrolyte: Optimized electrolyte density (acid-water), for proper ionic exchange.
- Container, lid material: Corrosion-resistant polypropylene material. Lids completely heat sealed.
- Terminals: Automotive Post type. On the same side for 12V blocks and diagonally for 6V blocks.
- Valves: Filler caps with vent valves for proper battery ventilation.
Off-grid or smart grid connected power systems electrifying homes
Signaling and lighting roads, railways, airports and marines
Remote Monitoring & Controlling
Flow and pressure metering, instrumentation and measurements, process automation, Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA), security monitoring devices