Reserve Power Batteries
RES SLT GEL
Quality Batteries for Renewable Energy Storage Applications
RES SLT is a quality range of batteries designed for daily cycling operation offering significant benefits in terms of cost per cycle. Their long life and remarkably high performance suits ideally to the demanding Renewable Energy Storage applications.
The products are developed by SUNLIGHT’s R&D team which constantly designs and evaluates new innovative solutions to better meet market needs based on the latest technological trends, industry developments and market feedback.
SUNLIGHT’s products and services have gained international recognition by ensuring uninterrupted and reliable operations in a wide range of critical applications for a broad spectrum of industries, such as Telecom and Power networks.
- Maintenance free VRLA technology eliminates periodic water refilling associated with vented lead acid batteries.
- No electrolyte stratification due to its electrolyte GEL form. The electrolyte formulation produces a homogenous GEL that delivers consistent performance and long cycle life. The gelled electrolyte gives better protection to the battery plates, and is better suited for deep cycle discharge applications.
- Leak proof due to GEL technology. The use of gelled electrolyte means there is no free acid inside the cell. So the batteries are completely spillproof and are suitable for many available options of vertical or horizontal installation.
- Premium grade separators allow maximum charge flow between the plates for optimum performance even in harsh conditions.
- Certified Quality manufactured at SUNLIGHT’s European production facilities, certified with ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
- Number of cycles: 600 cycles (@60% DoD, 20ºC)
- Maintenance: Maintenance-free design without topping-up needs
- Operating temperature: Min: -20ºC / Max: 45ºC. Recommended 15ºC to 35ºC
- Self discharge rate: Approx. 2% per month at 20ºC
- Storage Time: Maximum shelf life up to 6 months at 20ºC, 4 months at 30ºC or 2 months at 40ºC
- Recommended Charging Voltage: 2.25 to 2.30 V/cell (stand-by use at 20ºC), 2.35 to 2.45 V/cell (cycle use at 20ºC)
- Positive plates: Flat plates with lead calcium tin grid.
- Negative plates: Plates of reinforced grids design pasted with optimized lead alloy.
- Separators: High-porosity separators with minimal internal resistance.
Secured insulation between positive and negative plates. Free flow of electrolyte throughout the cell.
- Electrolyte: Sulphuric acid immobilised as a GEL.
- Container, lid material: Corrosion-resistant polypropylene material. Lids completely heat sealed.
- Terminals: Automotive Post type. On the same side for 12V blocks and diagonally for 6V blocks.
- Pressure relief valve: One way valve with flame arrestor.
Off-grid or smart grid connected power systems electrifying homes
Signaling and lighting roads, railways, airports and marines
Remote Monitoring & Controlling
Flow and pressure metering, instrumentation and measurements, process automation, Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA), security monitoring devices