Reserve Power Batteries
Valve Regulated Tubular Plate GEL Batteries for Renewable Energy Storage Applications
RES OPzV is a premium battery range, developed for applications requiring regular deep cyclic.
It is a maintenance-free energy storage solution that offers significant benefits in terms of cost per cycle, combined with the highest level of reliability and performance even for remote installations where long discharges occur and excellent recharging properties are essential.
Optimum design, exclusive use of high quality materials, robust construction and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes make RES OPzV batteries the ideal solution for demanding Renewable Energy Storage applications.
Long cycle life
Tubular positive plates, GEL form electrolyte, unique sliding pole design and special alloys composition offer a 60% DoD cycle life of up to 2500 cycles for 2V cells and 2000 cycles for 6V & 12V blocks.
Outstanding performance and reliability
Products of optimum design made of high quality raw materials in European state-of-the-art production facilities and cumulative experience on advanced submarine battery manufacturing, ensure reliability in applications requiring high performance.
Reduced maintenance cost
Maintenance-free design without water topping-up requirements.
Vertical and horizontal installation. Racks designed for optimal space utilization, quick installation and easy battery maintenance.
Extensive compliance testing performed under European and Global norms and verified by independent 3rd party certification agencies.
Complete battery solution
Complete and ready to install systems with all the necessary accessories. Extensive range of adding value products and services.
Design and production of customized products and services, high volume orders handling capability, fast delivery.
24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support, through Sunlight Group Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Low cost per cycle. Lifetime value is maximized especially at hybrid systems where using batteries can greatly reduce the Genset daily run time resulting on fuel savings and less CO2 emission.
- “Very Long Life” according to Eurobat 2015 classification
- Compliant with IEC 61427 requirements for photovoltaic energy systems
- Tested according to IEC 60896-21 and fully compliant with IEC 60896-22 requirements
for valve regulated batteries
- Full conformity to DIN 40742 specifications for OPzV cells and DIN 40744 for OPzV blocks
- Compliant with the safety requirements of IEC 62485-2 for stationary batteries
- Manufactured in Sunlight Group’s European production facilities, certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001
- Tubular plate design
- Optimized Lead Calcium Tin Alloy reducing hydrogen evolution
- Red Lead in-house production by 99,9% Pure Lead
- Dry Filling process
- Pasted negative plates of grid design
- Paste mixture that ensures high adherence and cohesion
- Optimized corrosion resistant Lead Calcium Tin Alloy
- Robust construction
- Long life expander
- Highly porous woven material
- Optimum compression of the active material
- Welding with high quality alloy
- Optimized design
- Immobilized in GEL form sulphuric acid with nominal density of 1,26 kg/l (20°C)
- State of the art GEL filling equipment
- High purity silica for GEL formation
- Effective diffusion of GEL
- High porosity grade material
- Allow migration of ions during charge/discharge
- More acid in the surrounding area of the plates
Container / Lid
- Heavy Duty ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadien Styrene) Material
- Optionally flame retardant (Class V0) ABS material
- Sealing between container – lid with polyurethane resin
- 100% leakage quality control with high precision equipment
- Maintenance-free design
- Pressure relief
- Integral flame arrestor
- Premium sliding design with rubber seal in the lid
- Corrosion resistance
- Brass insert
- Threaded female M10 terminal posts
External Intercell Connectors
- Fully insulated
- Fixed with plastic head safety bolt and probe hole on the top
Monoblocks’ Internal Intercell Connectors
- Copper bars premium design
- Outside of the container connection
Autonomous remote communication hubs such as cellular base stations, repeaters and VSATs.
Demand-driven selection of power source providing higher efficiency.
Off-grid or smart grid connected power systems electrifying homes, hotels, hospitals and schools.
Signalling and lighting to roads, railways, airports and marines.