Reserve Power Batteries
Vented Tubular Plate Batteries for Renewable Energy Applications
RES OPzS is a premium battery range, developed for applications requiring regular deep cycling.
It is a low maintenance energy storage solution that offers significant benefits in terms of cost per cycle, combined with the highest level of reliability and performance even for remote installations where long discharges occur and excellent recharging properties are essential.
Optimum design, exclusive use of high quality materials, robust construction and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes make RES OPzS batteries the ideal solution for demanding Renewable Energy Storage applications.
The products are developed by Sunlight Group’s R&D team which constantly designs and evaluates new innovative solutions to better meet market needs based on the latest technological trends, industry developments and market feedback.
Sunlight Group’s products and services have gained international recognition by ensuring uninterrupted and reliable operations in a wide range of critical applications for a broad spectrum of industries, such as Telecom and Power networks.
Long cycle life
Tubular positive plates, unique sliding pole design and special alloys composition offer a 60% DoD cycle life of 2300 cycles for 2V cells and 2000 cycles for 6V & 12V blocks.
Outstanding performance and reliability
Products of optimum design made of high quality raw materials in European state-of-the-art production facilities and cumulative experience on advanced submarine battery manufacturing, ensure reliability in applications requiring high performance.
Low maintenance design with reduced topping up requirements. Transparent container for easy visual electrolyte level monitoring.
Racks designed for optimal space utilization, quick installation and easy battery maintenance.
Design and production of customized products and services, high volume orders handling capability, fast delivery.
Extensive compliance testing performed under European and Global norms and verified by independent 3rd party certification agencies.
Complete battery solution
Complete and ready to install systems, batteries in filled and charged or dry charged state with all the necessary accessories. Extensive range of adding value products and services.
24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support through Sunlight Group Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Low cost per cycle. Lifetime value maximized especially at hybrid systems where using batteries can greatly reduce the Genset daily run time resulting on fuel savings and less CO2 emission.
- Compliant with IEC 61427 requirements for photovoltaic energy systems
- Fully compliant with IEC 60896-11 requirements for vented lead-acid batteries
- Full conformity to DIN 40736-1 specifications for OPzS cells and DIN 40737-3 for OPzS blocks
- Compliant with the safety requirements of IEC 62485-2 for stationary batteries
- Manufactured at Sunlight Group’s European production facilities, certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001
- Tubular plate design
- Special low antimony lead alloy (≤1.65% Sb)
- Red Lead in-house production by 99,9% Pure Lead
- Dry Filling process
- Paste mixture ensures high adherence and cohesion
- Pasted negative plates of grid design
- Optimized low antimony lead alloy
- Robust construction
- Long life expander
- Highly microporous material
- Fine pore structure
- Low electrical resistance
- Welding with high quality alloy
- Optimized design
High purity sulphuric acid with nominal density of 1.24 +/- 0,01kg/l (20°C)
- High porosity grade material
- Allow migration of ions during charge/discharge
- More acid in the surrounding area of the plates
Container / Lid
- High impact resistant, transparent SAN (Styrene Acrylonitrile) for the container
- Robust ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadien Styrene) Material for the lid
- Optionally flame retardant (Class V0) material
- Sealing between container – lid with polyurethane resin
- 100% leakage quality control with high precision equipment
- Ceramic plugs available as an option
- Low maintenance design
- Flame arresting
- Ceramic funnel plugs and recombination plugs also available as an option
- Premium sliding design with rubber seal in the lid
- Corrosion resistance
- Brass insert
- Threaded female M10 terminal posts
External Intercell Connectors
- Fully insulated
- Fixed with plastic head safety bold and probe hole on the top
Monoblocks’ Internal Intercell Connectors
- Copper bars premium design
- Outside of the container connection
Autonomous remote communication hubs such as cellular base stations, repeaters and VSATs.
Demand-driven selection of power source providing higher efficiency.
Off-grid or smart grid connected power systems electrifying homes, hotels, hospitals and schools.
Signalling and lighting to roads, railways, airports and marines.