Reserve Power Batteries
Vented Tubular Plate Batteries for Stand-By Applications
SUNLIGHT’s OPzS batteries are characterized by low maintenance requirements, long service life and excellent capacity performance while operating at high temperatures or unstable power network, thus providing a premium, efficient and cost effective energy solution.
Optimum design, according to DIN international standards, exclusive use of high quality raw materials, robust construction and state of the art manufacturing processes make this OPzS range the ideal solution for stand-by applications requiring high level of safety and reliability.
Long cycle life
Tubular positive plates, unique sliding pole design and special alloys composition offer a design life of 20 years for 2V cells and 18 years for 6V & 12V blocks as well as more than 1600 cycles at 80% Depth of Discharge.
Outstanding performance and reliability
Products of optimum design with use of high quality raw materials, European state-of-the-art production facilities and cumulative experience on advanced submarine battery manufacturing ensure remarkable performance, exceeding values as defined by the DIN international standards.
Low maintenance design with reduced topping up requirements. Transparent container for easy visual electrolyte level monitoring.
Racks designed for optimal space utilization, quick installation and easy battery maintenance. 6V and 12V blocks available for applications where space is limited.
Extensive compliance testing performed under European and Global norms and verified by independent 3rd party certification agency.
Complete battery solution
Complete and ready to install systems, batteries in filled and charged or dry charged state with all the necessary accessories. Also flame retardant containers and battery management systems are available upon request.
Design and production of customized products and services, high volume orders handling capability, fast delivery.
24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support, through SUNLIGHT Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Maximum lifetime value and cost efficiency.
- Fully compliant with IEC 60896-11 requirements for vented lead-acid batteries
- Full conformity to DIN 40736-1 specifications for OPzS cells and DIN 40737-3 for OPzS blocks
- Compliant to the safety requirements of IEC 62485-2 for stationary batteries
- Manufactured in SUNLIGHT’s European production facilities, certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001
- Tubular plate design
- Special low antimony lead alloy (≤1.65% Sb)
- Red Lead in-house production by 99,9% Pure Lead
- Dry Filling process
- Paste mixture ensures high adherence and cohesion
- Pasted negative plates of grid design
- Optimized low antimony lead alloy
- Robust construction
- Long life expander
- Highly microporous material
- Fine pore structure
- Low electrical resistance
- Welding with high quality alloy
- Optimized design
High purity sulphuric acid with nominal density of 1.24 +/- 0,01 kg/l (20°C)
- High porosity grade material
- Allow migration of ions during charge/discharge
- More acid in the surrounding area of the plates
Container / Lid
- High impact resistant, transparent SAN (Styrene Acrylonitrile) for the container
- Robust ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Material for the lid
- Sealing between container – lid with polyurethane resin
- 100% leakage quality control with high precision equipment
- Ceramic plugs available as an option
- Low maintenance design
- Flame arresting
- Ceramic funnel plugs and recombination plugs also available as an option
- Premium sliding design with rubber seal in the lid
- Corrosion resistance
- Brass insert
- Threaded female M10 terminal posts
External Intercell Connectors
- Fully insulated
- Fixed with plastic head safety bolt and probe hole on the top
- Copper bars premium design
- Outside of the container connection
Backup power systems for base stations, cell towers & radio transmission installations
Critical equipment backup power supply & protection from frequency & voltage fluctuations
Power grid stabilization, power quality and reliability improvement
Power generation & distribution
Switches control & switchboards in substations connected to power generation line
Signalling systems, communication/control nodes in demanding environmental conditions
Lighting in critical situations when main electrical supply is interrupted