SUNLIGHT: Increase in production and 200 new jobs, with emphasis on the Xanthi and Komotini plants03/10/2019
- Creation of 200 new jobs, with the workforce now exceeding 1,020 employees
- Further increase in production capacity, which now stands at 2.8 million units per year
- Springboard for regional growth, with a significant contribution to employment in East Macedonia and Thrace
Athens, 1 October 2019
After the plant’s return to full operation and parallel implementation of an investment programme for increasing production capacity by 25%, the company has created 200 new jobs to cover increased production needs.
More specifically, Sunlight is increasing the number of employees at the Xanthi production plant by 29% (190 new jobs) and at the Komotini battery recycling unit by 7% (5 new jobs), and new hirings have also been made at the company’s headquarters, with its total workforce now at over 1,020 employees.
These initiatives will lead to an increase in production capacity to the level of 2.8 million battery units per year, enabling SUNLIGHT to more quickly and effectively meet the increasing demand for its products from existing and new clients throughout the world.
The company has thus strengthened its role as a key pillar of the national economy and a vehicle for regional growth, contributing to the substantial increase in employment in the region of East Macedonia and Thrace.
For further information please contact:
- Ms Anthi Trokoudi, Chief Communications Officer at the Olympia Group, +30 210 8181580, +30 6932100053, firstname.lastname@example.org – www.olympiagroup.gr
- Ms Sofia Tzirou, Director, V+O Communication, 210 7249000 (262), email@example.com