RES OPzV Batteries (Renewable Energy Storage Applications)
RES OPzV is a premium range, developed for applications requiring regular deep cycling. It is a maintenance-free energy storage solution that offers significant benefits in terms of cost per cycle, combined with the highest level of reliability and performance even for remote installations where long discharges occur and excellent recharging properties are essential.
Optimum design, exclusive use of high quality materials, robust construction and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes make RES OPzV batteries an ideal solution for demanding Renewable Energy Storage applications.
Long cycle life
- Tubular positive plates, GEL form electrolyte, unique sliding pole design and special alloys composition offer a 60% DoD cycle life of up to 2500 cycles for 2V cells and 2000 cycles for 6V & 12V blocks.
Outstanding performance and reliability
- Products of optimum design made from high quality raw materials in European state-of-the-art production facilities and cumulative experience on advanced submarine battery manufacturing, ensure reliability in applications demanding high performance.
Reduced maintenance cost
- Maintenance-free design without water topping-up needs.
- Vertical and horizontal installation. Racks designed for optimal space utilization, quick installation and easy battery maintenance.
- Extensive compliance testing performed under European and Global norms and verified by independent 3rd party certification agencies.
Complete battery solution
- Complete and ready to install systems with all the necessary accessories. Extensive range of adding value products and services.
- Design and production of customized products and services, high volume orders handling capability, fast delivery.
- 24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support through SUNLIGHT Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Low cost per cycle. Lifetime value maximized especially at hybrid systems where using batteries can greatly reduce the Genset daily run time resulting on fuel savings and less CO2 emission.
- Tubular plate design
- Optimized Lead Calcium Tin Alloy reducing hydrogen evolution
- Red Lead in-house production by 99.99% Pure Lead
- Dry Filling process
- Pasted negative plates of grid design
- Paste mixture that ensures high adherence and cohesion
- Optimized corrosion resistant Lead Calcium Tin Alloy
- Robust construction
- Long life expander
- Highly porous woven material
- Optimum compression of the active material
- Ultrasonic welding
- Welding with high quality alloy
- Optimized design
- Immobilized in GEL form sulphuric acid with nominal density of 1,26 kg/l (20°C)
- State of the art GEL filling equipment
- High purity silica for GEL formation
- Effective diffusion of GEL
- Manufactured from microporous silica-based PVC material
- Allow migration of ions during charge/discharge
- More acid in the surrounding area of the plates
Container / Lid
- Heavy Duty ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadien Styrene) Material
- Optionally flame retardant (Class V0) ABS material
- Sealing between container – lid with polyurethane Stobicoll resin
- 100% leakage quality control with high precision Froehlich equipment
- Maintenance-free design
- Pressure relief
- Integral flame arrestor
- Premium sliding design with rubber seal in the lid
- Corrosion resistance
- Brass insert
- Threaded female M10 terminal posts
External Intercell Connectors
- Flexible Copper
- Fully insulated
- Fixed with plastic head bolt safety screw and probe hole on the top
Monoblocks’ Internal Intercell Connectors
- Copper bars premium design
- Outside of the container connection
- Autonomous remote communication hubs such as cellular base stations, repeaters and VSATs
- Electricity to isolated off-grid areas or regions with unstable power supply
- Off-grid or smart grid connected power systems electrifying homes, hotels, hospitals, schools or factories
- Signaling and lighting to roads, railways, airports and marines
Do you know that numerous Telecom Base Stations (BTS) worldwide are powered by SUNLIGHT’s RES OPzV Batteries?
Telecom Base Stations