RES OPzS Batteries (Renewable Energy Storage Applications)
RES OPzS is a premium range, developed for applications requiring regular deep cycling. It is a low maintenance energy storage solution that offers significant benefits in terms of cost per cycle, combined with the highest level of reliability and performance even for remote installations where long discharges occur and excelent recharging properties are essential.
Optimum design, exclusive use of high quality materials, robust construction and state of the art manufacturing processes make RES OPzS batteries an ideal solution for demanding Renewable Energy Storage applications.
Long cycle life
- Tubular positive plates, unique sliding pole design and special alloys composition offer a 60% DoD
Outstanding performance and reliability
- Products of optimum design made from high quality raw materials in European state-of-the-art production facilities and cumulative experience on advanced submarine battery manufacturing, ensure reliability in applications demanding high performance.
- Low maintenance design with reduced topping up needs. Transparent container for easy visual electrolyte level monitoring.
- Racks designed for optimal space utilization, quick installation and easy battery maintenance
- Extensive compliance testing performed under European and Global norms and verified by independent 3rd party certification agencies.
Complete battery solution
- Complete and ready to install systems, filled and charged or dry charged form with all the necessary accessories. Extensive range of adding value products and services.
- Design and production of customized products and services, high volume orders handling capability, fast delivery.
- 24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support through SUNLIGHT Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Low cost per cycle. Lifetime value maximized especially at hybrid systems where using batteries can greatly reduce the Genset daily run time resulting on fuel savings and less CO2 emission.
- Tubular plate design
- Special low antimony lead alloy (≤1.65% Sb)
- Red Lead in-house production by 99,9% Pure Lead
- Dry Filling process
- Paste mixture ensures high adherence and cohesion
- Pasted negative plates of grid design
- Optimized low antimony lead alloy
- Robust construction
- Long life expander
- Highly microporous material
- Fine pore structure
- Low electrical resistance
- Ultrasonic welding
- Welding with high quality alloy
- Optimized design
- High purity sulphuric acid with nominal density of 1.24 +/- 0,01 kg/l (20°C)
- Manufactured from microporous silica-based PVC material
- Allow migration of ions during charge/discharge
- More acid in the surrounding area of the plates
Container / Lid
- High impact resistant, transparent SAN (Styrene Acrylonitrile) for the container
- Robust ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadien Styrene) Material for the lid
- Sealing between container – lid with polyurethane Stobicoll resin
- 100% leakage quality control with high precision Froehlich equipment
Ceramic Vent Plugs
- Low maintenance design
- Flame arresting
- Funnel plugs also available
- Premium sliding design with rubber seal in the lid
- Corrosion resistance
- Brass insert
- Threaded female M10 terminal posts
External Intercell Connectors
- Fully insulated
- Fixed with plastic head bolt safety screw and probe hole on the top
Monoblocks’ Internal Intercell Connectors
- Copper bars premium design
- Outside of the container connection
- Autonomous remote communication hubs such as cellular base stations, repeaters and VSATs.
- Electricity to isolated off-grid areas or regions with unstable power supply
- Off-grid or smart grid connected power systems electrifying homes, hotels, hospitals, schools or factories
- Signaling and lighting to roads, railways, airports and marines
Do you know that one of the world’s largest Solar Hybrid Systems, located in Malaysia, is powered by SUNLIGHT’s Premium Range of RES OPzS Batteries?Case Study in Solar Application (Asia Region)