SLT GEL Sealed Batteries (Semi-Traction)
SLT GEL Batteries are sealed, valve regulated lead batteries containing GEL electrolyte. These batteries are characterized by their robustness, versatility of application and maintenance free design. Other advantages include long service life and a high level of cyclical resistance.
Long Cycle Life
- Exclusive use of high quality raw materials and sophisticated production processes in European manufacturing facilities ensure durability and reliability under the most demanding cycling conditions.
- Proven tubular plates design with low antimony content for high absorption, reinforced grids and high-porosity separators with minimal internal resistance make SLT batteries sustain their high capacity for a remarkable number of deep cycles offering exceptional efficiency for daily deep cycling applications.
- The production process includes at least five quality controls for the SLT batteries: materials quality control, assembly quality control, pressurization check, charge level control and final testing. Quality materials, advanced manufacturing techniques of main components and accurate production processes ensure the high quality standards.
Ease of Handling
- SLT batteries are engineered for optimal space utilization, quick installation and minimal maintenance. Their GC2 standard design offers maximum compatibility for all applications, while battery types according to DIN standard for European vehicles are also available.
Flexibility and Availability
- Wide choice of amperage levels for any type of application and size is available, while the European production and stock offer ensures fast deliveries.
- SUNLIGHT can offer 24×7 experienced pre-sales and after sales support through a Global Partners Network.
Optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Maximum lifetime value and excellent quality-price ratio.
- Positive plates: Flat plates with lead calcium tin grid.
- Negative plates: Plates of reinforced grids design pasted with optimized lead alloy.
- Separators: High-porosity separators with minimal internal resistance. Secured insulation between positive
- and negative plates. Free flow of electrolyte throughout the cell.
- Electrolyte: Sulphuric acid immobilised as GEL.
- Container, lid material: Corrosion-resistant polypropylene material. Lids completely heat sealed.
- Terminals: Automotive Post type. On the same side for 12V blocks and diagonally for 6V blocks.
- Pressure relief valve: One way valve with flame arrestor.
- Number of cycles: 600 cycles (@60% DoD, 20ºC).
- Maintenance: Maintenance-free design without topping-up needs.
- Operating temperature: Min: -20ºC / Max: 45ºC. Recommended 15ºC to 35ºC.
- Self discharge rate: Approx. 2% per month at 20ºC.
- Storage Time: Maximum shelf life up to 6 months at 20ºC, 4 months at 30ºC or 2 months at 40ºC.
- Recommended Charging Voltage: Recommended Charging Voltage: 2.25 to 2.30 V/cell
- (stand-by use at 20ºC), 2.35 to 2.45 V/cell (cycle use at 20ºC).
- Battery charging: An initial ampere charge of 12 to 16% of the stated capacity for 5 hours of operation.
Battery driven electrical vehicles
- Golf carts
- Airport Ground Support Equipment
- Tow vehicles (tuggers)
- Unit load carriers
- Floor cleaners
- Wet scrubbers
- Ice preparation machines
Mobility for the disabled
- Electric wheelchairs
- Pedestrian-operated stair climbers
Mobile lifting platforms
- Light cranes
- Aerial Work Platform /Access
- Leisure and light industrial craft (inland waterways or seagoing)