Having a dynamic international presence in the energy storage and power supply sectors, we have developed since 1998 a robust knowhow in designing, installing and supporting Autonomous Power Supply Systems (APS). Our long lasting experience in various projects worldwide enables us to provide customized turn-key solutions, always aiming at the uninterruptible and continuous power supply of your equipment.
SUNLIGHT’s Autonomous Power Supply Systems are the ideal solution for supporting your energy needs in remote areas or places with limited or no access to the power network.
Their key applications include the supply of electric power to houses or even to whole districts (mini-grids), telecommunications stations, water pumping, oil and gas facilities, as well as to defense and navy applications.
Case Study – Combination of Solar Panels, Generating Set and Batteries as sources of energy
How the system works
- During the sunny days, the PV panels produce energy to supply the loads and charge the batteries.
- In cloudy days or at night, the batteries provide the energy to the loads
- In case that the battery’s DOD reaches 50%, the Genset starts automatically, supplying the loads and charging the battery.
- Low maintenance requirements
- Optimal system sizing
- Full utilization of the PV panels
- Optimum battery bank size, due to diesel backup
- Optimal Genset operation and low fuel cost
- Continuous power supply
- During Genset maintenance
- During consecutive cloudy days
- In case of Genset failure the battery is able to support the load for a long time (more than 10h)
- Environmentally friendly & noiseless
- Wide range of power supply
Estimation based on normal load distribution & use of a 16kVA Genset & 4500Ah battery bank. Diesel price: €1.55/lt
- Telecom operator
- Need for a more cost effective solution to replace Gensets 24X7
- Restrictions: Achieve the optimum efficiency of the Genset & top reliability
- 100% energy supply
- 80% cost reduction vs. singlie Genset 24×7 operation
- ROI in 2 years